surefire stories final

Extreme Cold Doesn't Faze Backup


I work on a drilling rig in Northern Canada, and I experience some pretty harsh weather sometimes. I started off my last rotation at work with a rig move in -40° C weather. At that temperature pretty much everything freezes and starts acting up. My watch and cell phone were the first items to freeze up and stop working. The next item to fall victim to the cold was my folding knife, which froze shut and proved extremely difficult to open.



A Decade and Counting of FlawlessService

Back In 2005, I purchased my first SureFire flashlight, a G2® Nitrolon®, for hunting. In 2006, I enlisted in the Marine Corps as an Infantryman and took my SureFire with me. It lasted all of my training and through two combat deployments to Iraq.





SureFire Leads Campers to HigherGround During Flood

My husband is a police officer in a small town, and he got himself a SureFire flashlight for his duty belt. Well, he was so impressed with it that he bought a small handheld SureFire for me to keep in my car and take on camping trips. Recently, my six-year-old son and I joined some friends on the Clinch River for a weekend camping trip.




Wristlight SavesDay in ER


While working in the ER, I was asked to start an IV by the ER doctor after several failed attempts by others. The patient was a 13-month-old in respiratory distress and needed a line to deliver lifesaving medication. I took off my SureFire 2211® WristLight and asked for the overhead lights to be turned off. There were a few puzzled looks, but the lights were turned off.




Lucky Pup Avoids Catastrophic Birthday

It was about 2:00 a.m. when our lab mama, Piper, seemed done with whelping her seven beautiful new pups—five males and two females. I palpated her tummy and felt one more pup left and told my wife to keep an eye on her while I went to get batteries for my camera. But, as soon as I left, Piper jumped up and went to the door. My wife let her out to go do her business…without escorting her. Big mistake.


K-9 Found & Saved in Katrina Aftermath

It was 3 a.m., September 12th, 2005, nearly two weeks after Katrina had devastated New Orleans, and our animal rescue vehicle was flagged over by a New Orleans police officer. I thought he might ask for our credentials or force us to turn back to the emergency animal shelter, but instead he begged us to go into the darkest, most devastated area in the city in search of his dogs. While he was sworn to protect the public during this time of crisis, we were the only people who could help reunite his family.


Close Menu